LFC community and school sessions postponed
The health and safety of our local community, fans, participants, players and staff remains our top priority at this challenging time.
In response to the coronavirus outbreak and the latest government advice, we’ve made the decision to postpone all community and school sessions delivered by our charity, LFC Foundation, and our local community programme, Red Neighbours, with immediate effect, until further notice.
It’s during difficult times that we are reminded how important it is to stay connected and support each other in any way that we can, so despite the postponement of our physical regular community and school activities, we remain dedicated and committed to serving our fans and our local community. Some of our newly adapted community activity will include:
- Red Neighbours will deliver online chair-based yoga sessions for over 50s.
- LFC Foundation staff will deliver online physical activity and mindfulness sessions for people to access at home to encourage physical and mental health.
- LFC Connect – we are working on a new initiative which contacts (via telephone) vulnerable people living in isolation in Anfield and the surrounding areas. The calls will be supported by LFC, Red Neighbours and LFC Foundation staff.
- A special edition of the Red Neighbours newsletter - providing local residents with the latest news, updates and activities that they can do at home.
- LFC, Red Neighbours and LFC Foundation staff will volunteer at the North Liverpool Foodbank and LFC Foundation staff will assist with the collect and home delivery of food, where possible.
Following the suspension of the Premier League, the Reds’ first-team squad and LFC Foundation jointly donated £40,000 (£10,000 per game for this season’s four remaining league fixtures scheduled to be played at Anfield) to the North Liverpool Foodbank to ensure it can continue to function without the matchday collections.
An online fundraising page has also been created as an alternative to allow supporters to make a financial donation directly to North Liverpool Foodbank. Click here for more information. You can also donate via text, simply text FOODBANKFC to 70460. Donations will cost £5, plus your standard network message rate. Alternatively, you can donate any whole amount up to £20 by texting FOODBANKFC, plus the value. For example, FOODBANKFC10 means you’ll be donating £10, FOODBANKFC15 will be £15, and so on.
We are also in conversation with Liverpool City Council to explore where we can assist them and other service providers in the city region-wide community response. We will continue to do all in our power to harness the strength of our fans and support our local community and those who need our help.
We are taking the latest advice from the government and we will continue to do our best to keep you updated and connected. We want our LFC family to know that social distancing and isolation doesn’t mean you’re on your own – ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’.